Interview - Marie-Flore


Marie-Flore interprets with voluptuous, a wander through the emotions with a sensitive independence. A musicality alongside the softness of her expressions, a way to beautify the love of the lovers. A frustration feeling, makes her melodies shining. By the Dozen, an anthem to a silent melancholy, as a deaf howl.

unimaginaireirresolu 
"Who makes you believe in Music ?"  

Marie-Flore 
"To me, I'd say.. it's not really about "who" but more about "what" makes you believe in music. And this "what" englobes various inner things I think people never really decide for.. I've never been really into "who". What makes me believe in it is more about small things, such as, this girl, who once wrote me from south america, saying she was listenning to my tracks while travelling and said it was a kind of "soundtrack" for her at this very moment. So, yes, I think maybe, projection people can have while listenning to your own music is a beautiful thing that makes me believe in it a bit more"

unimaginaireirresolu 
"Where the soul of your music is from ?"

Marie-Flore 
"Well.. Most of the time from a frustration I couldnt claim in another way. I'm very moved by old stuff such as Skip James's music. I think this is what we can call "soul". There's so much of it in each song"


Illustration by Pabllo De La Cruz

Comments