Interview - Schang-Viton


Voluptuous inspirations around a feeling, a sense which is not tangible but emotional. Intuitively, the collection defines a pure and unisex silhouette. Transparency and asymmetry give a fine balance highlighting a natural beauty, as the expression of a belief. Schang-Viton magnifies the being throughout a geometrical research and a minimal way to interpret the garment, allowing a personal interpretation of her creations. Julia gathers her cultural influences and her interrogations about a contemporary individual to create a rare and refined aesthetic.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Schang-Viton
"Schang-Viton is the aftermath of a personal exploration, the evolution of my being embracing my own identity. Inquiring my origins –half Chinese and half French- and being born and raised in Argentina made me realize the mixture of cultures on which I was raised upon. Every piece of my work mutates conditioned by the body that wears it, composed by astronomic sized garments as well as volatile yet wearable and comfortable pieces created through experimenting deconstruction and -what I call- melting of preconceived geometrical figures by combining both rigid and languid textiles"

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Schang-Viton
"Being a designer has led me to find my origins, my identity, to embrace my existence and make the most of it. I was once convinced that I would be a writer and I still think I am; my story is narrated through my garments. The fact that my work is autobiographical allows me the possibility for it to be transcendental, for it to mean something to someone else other than me"


Comments