Interview - Gianfranco Villegas


Inspirations taken from a personal history, going through struggles and origins, Gianfranco Villegas expresses along Self Made and this Fall Winter 2014 collection his own journey.  Gianfranco gathers a certain Italian elegance punctuated by sportswear's accent which defines a classical and avant-garde silhouette. Finely associated, the silk has been seen as silk-wool or with pineapple fibers throughout the designs. A selection of prints highlighting images of poor people from his home country makes some of the clothes a symbol of the collection, as a final message transmitted by the designer.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Gianfranco Villegas
"I usually get the inspiration from my past personal experiences, my childhood. I reflect unconsciously all my pain and all my dreams"


unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Gianfranco Villegas
"My spontaneous big passion on it. And the fact that I like to translate my emotions trough garments and details"

Photos from the Fall/Winter 2014 collection
Courtesy of Self Made - Gianfranco Villegas

Photographer, Szilveszter Makó 
Model, Grib Cristian
IndependentMen Milano 
Makeup artist, Shayna

Comments