Interview - Hanger


Within her Spring/Summer 2014 collection Claire Davis is interpreting the gracefulness of a pure aesthetic, giving character to a feminine silhouette accompanied by the strength of a simplicity. Admirably associated the texture and cut reveals a unique balance highlighting the essence of her designs.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Claire Davis 
"I want my garments to embody an air of simplicity, an absence of the unnecessary. The focus is on texture and cut, which I hope resonates through each piece"

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Claire Davis 
"I find this quite hard to answer. On one hand I fiercely dislike a lot of aspects of fashion, and the industry as a whole. Current and long standing trends in fast fashion and the overconsumption of goods have created habits and within the industry that I strongly work against. I do however have a huge passion for clothes; the construction, textiles, and technical use within refined and well thought garments is what I find exciting, and is what I focus on"

Hanger Spring/Summer 2014 | Lookbook 
All rights reserved

Comments