Interview - Mai-Gidah


Imperial momentum given into an effortless and purely white silhouette. Mai-Gidah within his Spring/Summer 2014 collection forges a fine equilibrium, where modern influences are in osmosis with a certain way of approaching the classicism. Gracefully construed, craftsmanship and individuality strengthen the essence of the menswear label.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Mai-Gidah
"The soul is reflected through my struggles, dreams and wishes.

It usually starts from a personal experience I then develop a scenic image in my head. Having left behind all I knew and thrown myself head first into a completely different world, being creative, making my clothes, has been the light that has guided me through my path. It got me where I am today, and it enables me to express my vision and thoughts.

I always feel like fashion has a very short life span, now more then ever before, and I prefer to believe in making pieces with a timeless quality"

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Mai-Gidah
"I don't believe in fashion as such, I believe in making clothes that inspire people to dress themselves as they feel, and helps them stand out as the individual being they are. I guess individuality expressed through fashion makes me a believer"


Summer Frost | Spring/Summer 2014 Lookbook
Courtesy of Mai-Gidah 

Comments