Interview - Wen Tan


Elegance artistically expressed within the essence of the garment. The LCF student Wen Tan uses throughout her collection traditional techniques crossed with influences taken from paintings, museums and her own hand drawings. Ideal balance between shapes and cuts, her MA collection is embracing a modern menswear within a classical soul.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?" 

Wen Tan 
"My Project grew up from a blank paper through 8 months. This is the first collection accompanied me for such a long time that I have already got used to work with it everyday. It started from some skeleton drawings in my sketchbook, and aim to discuss “survival” in the context of extinction. Those ancient animals which be printed on my garments become extinct through human development. The same “evolution” happened in the fashion industry. Lots of old techniques are replaced by modern science. I used screen print instead of digital print and all the patterns are hand drew, I wish viewers could look back the beauty comes from traditional technique through my collection"

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Wen Tan
"Handcraft. Lots of old handcrafts are disappearing at a terrific speed in worldwide. We could not even know some of them if we keep stay at modern city. They are crude but vivid and the root of a culture"

MA Collection, Editorial
Courtesy of Wen Tan 

tanwen0324@gmail.com

Comments