Interview - Moto Guo


Graduated from the Raffles College of Higher Education, Moto Guo translates his own history and experiences through his collection named "Out Like a Light". Drawing the portrait of a young boy and his complexities, this imagery is expressed by the presence of comfortable and generous silhouettes where a feeling of safety and softness is created.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Moto Guo
"The soul of a garment can be told through the use of colors, silhouettes and design techniques applied but when all is said and done, I believe that my garments are an extension of myself as an individual. Therefore in expressing the soul of my garments I am also laid bare all of me through my designs. I arrive at that point by having my intuition as a guide in the design process."

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Moto Guo 
"Because fashion is multi-dimensional, I believe it is something that is able to complete an individual. Personally, fashion has filled a void in me because I saw it as a medium to translate the abstract from the real imagination into tangible reality."

Photographs from "Out Like a Light
Courtesy of Moto Guo 



Comments